David Brown toxicologist -outdoor wood boiler report

Air out your smoke complaint here. We can give advice from members who have found themselves in a similar situation as yours, gasping for a breath of fresh air.

Moderator: pm2.5mary

David Brown toxicologist -outdoor wood boiler report

Postby Anti-Cancer from New York » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Google David Brown toxicologist Connecticut and outdoor wood boilers--to get the latest report on the toxicity and cancerous chemicals and woodsmoke that are endangering neighbors up to 850 feet away and more. It has been said that woodsmoke travels 700 miles, and smoke from the midwest has been found to affect the Northeast. Outdoor wood boilers need to be banned immediately. Write to your town board, bring 10 people to the town and planning board meetings, who support your case to ban outdoor wood boilers, write to the DEC, especially in NY State. If you can do nothing else, write to the DEC of your state and to your town board and Board of Legislators.
The more people who waste their money--$15,000, on outdoor wood boilers, the harder it will be to stop this American holocaust.
Woodsmoke causes cancer. Woodsmoke kills. Cigarette smoke kills 1200 people a day in America. About 1 out of 2 people now have cancer in the United States. Without your health, you have nothing
Anti-Cancer from New York

Re: David Brown toxicologist -outdoor wood boiler report

Postby woodburner » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Yeah... the DEC is not banning outdoor wood boilers any time soon. They have a proposal to regulate their emissions, set stack height requirements, and setback limits. They are also calling for all current (pre regulation) boilers to be removed by 2010. So.... odds of them suddenly trying to ban them completely are zero. And if somebody is getting smoke issues from a boiler 700 feet away, something is wrong there. I have two neighbors with boilers, both uphill from me and about 100 yards away and smoke has never once reached my property. Laws requiring them to be set back a certain distance from property lines are a great idea. These aren't really meant for suburban and urban environments, but if you've got a house in the sticks and an abundant supply of free firewood they are a great way to heat your home.
woodburner

Postby Wilberforce » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:17 pm

I am waiting for the Wikileaks release on OWB manufacturers' lies, deception, and false advertising practices. :wink:
• The Surgeon General has determined that there is no safe level of exposure to ambient smoke!

• If you smell even a subtle odor of smoke, you are being exposed to poisonous and carcinogenic chemical compounds!

• Even a brief exposure to smoke raises blood pressure, (no matter what your state of health) and can cause blood clotting, stroke, or heart attack in vulnerable people. Even children experience elevated blood pressure when exposed to smoke!

• Since smoke drastically weakens the lungs' immune system, avoiding smoke is one of the best ways to prevent colds, flu, bronchitis, or risk of an even more serious respiratory illness, such as pneumonia or tuberculosis! Does your child have the flu? Chances are they have been exposed to ambient smoke!
Wilberforce

Postby Anti-Cancer from New York » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:49 pm

woodsmoke in my neighborhood from outdoor wood boilers travels at least a mile. I have clocked it in my car and the smell is obnoxious.
Obviously if you love woodsmoke and heat with wood, you are going to be a little biased. Woodsmoke is 12 times more cancerous than cigarette smoke and killing people as we speak. It is deadly, even worse than cigarettes. Woodsmoke has been harming my family's and my pet's health. I cannot wait until they are banned, banned, banned. Maybe God will ban them. Woodsmoke causes unintentional murder.
Woodsmoke causes cancer. Woodsmoke kills. Cigarette smoke kills 1200 people a day in America. About 1 out of 2 people now have cancer in the United States. Without your health, you have nothing
Anti-Cancer from New York

Return to Smoke Complaints and Advice from our members.