Moss on firewood...any thoughts?

Air out your smoke complaint here. We can give advice from members who have found themselves in a similar situation as yours, gasping for a breath of fresh air.

Moderator: pm2.5mary

Re: Moss on firewood...any thoughts?

Postby candi » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:49 pm

cabwaldo wrote:
Did you ever think that he might heat his home for free with that wood? And just because he just chopped it doesn't mean its not seasoned.

Actually, fully seasoning wood involves CHOPPING it.
candi

Re: Moss on firewood...any thoughts?

Postby candi » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:51 pm

cabwaldo wrote:ok, if you burn wood, your not going to go sniffing the smoke like its coming from roses. I burn pretty much any kind of wood in a wood stove regardless of whether it has moss or lichen or even if its half rotten. no, im not going to die because i burn wood in the winter, and neither are my neighbors. that smoke that comes from wet wood? ITS CALLED STEAM.

I am absolutely positive that you will NEVER stop people from burning wood. that's just ridiculous and half of you who are in favor of stopping "wood smoke" are from the city and have never even lit a fire. your efforts are a precise example of "a waste of time"

You're not going to die from burning wood? Yeah YOU probably will if you continue your unsafe burning habits (like poor wood selection).
candi

Previous

Return to Smoke Complaints and Advice from our members.