Dylos DC 1100-PRO particulate counter

Ideas on how to reduce particle pollution and how to be "green"

Moderator: turning_blue

Re: Dylos DC 1100-PRO particulate counter

Postby swiper » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:49 am

Can you tell me please what the name plate or specification sheet says the power consumption of the Dylos is? Either in watts or volts and amps.

I doubt it would be much. Maybe it could run off a sine wave inverter to make it 'portable'.
swiper

DC1700 BATTERY OPERATED AQM

Postby Wilberforce » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:49 pm

NEW

DC1700 BATTERY OPERATED AQM
http://www.dylosproducts.com/dc1700.html

• The Surgeon General has determined that there is no safe level of exposure to ambient smoke!

• If you smell even a subtle odor of smoke, you are being exposed to poisonous and carcinogenic chemical compounds!

• Even a brief exposure to smoke raises blood pressure, (no matter what your state of health) and can cause blood clotting, stroke, or heart attack in vulnerable people. Even children experience elevated blood pressure when exposed to smoke!

• Since smoke drastically weakens the lungs' immune system, avoiding smoke is one of the best ways to prevent colds, flu, bronchitis, or risk of an even more serious respiratory illness, such as pneumonia or tuberculosis! Does your child have the flu? Chances are they have been exposed to ambient smoke!
Wilberforce

Postby mmiller » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:03 pm

Thanks for that Formula - we used this for our particle counter in austria !

Greetz Marion
mmiller

Postby swiper » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:11 am

Perhaps you just went to use your Dylos 1100 Pro with a serial/USB converter and found you can't because of an error?
Have you done a Windows Update since the last time you used it when it worked fine?

The Prolific Serial/USB adapter would not work for me with their latest V1.8 driver. It caused me a run-time error 8020.

To fix this I took the new driver out, and reinstalled my old driver. I use the older Version 110 driver.
Just be careful you don't let Windows do a driver update when you instal it.
swiper

Postby Wilberforce » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Now there is a study (finally!)

Determining PM2.5 calibration curves for a low-cost particle monitor
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7383
• The Surgeon General has determined that there is no safe level of exposure to ambient smoke!

• If you smell even a subtle odor of smoke, you are being exposed to poisonous and carcinogenic chemical compounds!

• Even a brief exposure to smoke raises blood pressure, (no matter what your state of health) and can cause blood clotting, stroke, or heart attack in vulnerable people. Even children experience elevated blood pressure when exposed to smoke!

• Since smoke drastically weakens the lungs' immune system, avoiding smoke is one of the best ways to prevent colds, flu, bronchitis, or risk of an even more serious respiratory illness, such as pneumonia or tuberculosis! Does your child have the flu? Chances are they have been exposed to ambient smoke!
Wilberforce

Previous

Return to Tips and Suggestions