My web sites and Newsletters

Links to other anti-woodsmoke sites

Re: My web sites and Newsletters

Postby pm2.5mary » Sun May 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Dear Shirley,
Great job on getting the word out about how bad wood smoke exposure is to everyone's life and health. We admire your commitment to our aims and goals.

Would you move the contact list you have in the newsletter to this forum also? That would be a big help to everyone. I think it was here originally, but I could be wrong.

We are aware that you had contacted the wood industry and see from your comment below that you recommend others do so also. We could not disagree with you more! [The industry site is the 'Woodpile', I won't put the address (it is easy enough to find).]
Shirlie Brandie: "There is a site that I feel everyone should join where both pro-burners and anti-wood smoke people can meet, talk and collaborate to try to find solutions to the wood smoke issue. I have joined and hope you all will do the same. This is a great opportunity to be able to hear both sides of the issue and input your thoughts."

Let me count the ways it is a bad idea and put one for today: It takes energy away from the education job that every wood smoke victim must undertake. That is correct: first we are victimized by wood smoke and therefore we know it is bad. That leaves it up to us to educate the world about the wood smoke science. The dangers of wood smoke are real and the ignorance about this abounds at every level of our thoughtless society. It requires us the victims to learn why it is bad and educate others. How much education can you do at the 'woodpile'? Not as much as you can do just about anyplace else with a lot less energy and heartbreak. Joining with the enemy is labeled 'the Stockholm Syndrome' I think. Does anyone know?

All the best and thanks again for putting up the contact list here also.
Mary
"Particulate pollution is the most important contaminant in our air. ...we know that when particle levels go up, people die. " (Joel Schwartz, Ph.D., Harvard School of Public Health, E Magazine, Sept./Oct. 2002)
Find more at http://burningissues.org
pm2.5mary

Return to Related Website Links and Newsletters