Nanoparticle pollution

Technical questions that one would like posed to experts
(scientists) in fields related to particulate pollution.

Nanoparticle pollution

Postby eruby » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:26 pm

Have u guys been following the recent developments in nanotech? How do you think this will compare to the health threat posed by woodsmoke? They are related, after all, in terms of inhalation toxicology. What risk do you think is posed to the population at large from manufactured nanoparticles?
Also--do you know where I can find a listing of nano manufacturers/industry in my region, the Peninsula of the San Francisco Bay Area?
[/img]
eruby

Nanoparticles

Postby pm2.5mary » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:05 pm

Thanks for the great question. No, I do not have a list of nanomanufacturers, but will be happy to post any that you find.

Fine particulate is dangerous to breathe. Are manufacturing facilities safe for the workers and the public? It is a serious question. Maybe start at the Bay Area Air Quality Management District. 415-771-6000.

Let us know what you find.
M
"Particulate pollution is the most important contaminant in our air. ...we know that when particle levels go up, people die. " (Joel Schwartz, Ph.D., Harvard School of Public Health, E Magazine, Sept./Oct. 2002)
Find more at http://burningissues.org
pm2.5mary

Nanoparticle pollution

Postby RedDust » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:49 am

Go robo fish GO pretty cool that is until they just become more pollution themselves
RedDust

Return to For the Experts