Page 1 of 1

Fire pit blaze causes $30K damage to De Pere home

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:34 pm
by Wilberforce
Wisconsin

Fire pit blaze causes $30K damage to De Pere home
Jun. 3, 2013 7:23 AM |

DE PERE — A fire started from ashes disposed in a fire pit caused an estimated $30,000 to a home on De Pere’s west side on Sunday morning.

The De Pere Fire Department was called to the home at 1282 Carmen Court shortly before 8 a.m. and got the fire under control in about 10 minutes. The fire started outside the rear of the home and spread to siding and the attic. Plastic storage sturctures were also involved.

The damage was largely contained to the roof and to items in the attic, according to the fire department. There was some smoke and water damage in other areas of the home.

No one was injured.

The property is owned by Steven and Karla Schmidt and is valued at $178,700, according to online Brown Couny land records.

source
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/art ... -Pere-home