Online petitions

Be a part of the solution to air pollution.

Moderator: pm2.5mary

Online petitions

Postby Wilberforce » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:17 am

‎‎Online Petitions
Be sure to read victims' comments on these sites - there are a lot of them!

No Creosote Kamloops
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/no-creosote-kamloops

Tell EPA: No Tire or Waste Burning in Unregulated Incinerators
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeacti ... m=19820600

Anti pollution petitions to sign also
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/environm ... /pollution

Ban Wood Burning Except in Emergency Situations
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/ban-wo ... situations

Ban Outdoor Wood Boilers and Wood Smoke Nuisance
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/ban-ou ... ce-from-re

Wood Smoke Free New York
http://woodsmokefreeny.com/

Strengthen EPA wood smoke particulate emission rules: Cut wood smoke in half
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/string ... es-in-2009
Wilberforce

Signed. Thanks.

Postby Ernest Grolimund » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:48 am

Good idea. I signed and encourage others to. This will grow. It does not take many signatures. Shirley started someting like this and the growth in signatures is exponential. Slow at first. Now fast. 30 signatures went to 300 in months.
Ernest Grolimund

All petitions signed

Postby Ernest Grolimund » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:46 pm

All petitions signed. Keep them coming. I will sign all. I noticed that many others have signed too though they are not commenting on Burning Issues. Hopefully they are venting on the NY site and EPA petition site.
Ernest Grolimund

Postby Anti-Cancer from New York » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:49 pm

Woodsmoke is 12 x more cancerous than cigarette smoke. Time Magazine, Sept. 08, stated 1 out of 2 Americans have cancer and they are expecting all of us to get it. It was the 4th place I read it. :lol: 8) :D :D
Woodsmoke causes cancer. Woodsmoke kills. Cigarette smoke kills 1200 people a day in America. About 1 out of 2 people now have cancer in the United States. Without your health, you have nothing
Anti-Cancer from New York

Postby Anti-Cancer from New York » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:33 pm

Ban Outdoor Wood Boilers outright. Woodsmoke is 40 times more cancerous than cigarette smoke. 1 out of 2 people in America have cancer and they are expecting us all to get it. Cancer is big business.
Do not let your neighbors get away with it. Write every day to your townspeople and President Obama and to the county legislature. :D :lol: :!: :!: :P
Woodsmoke causes cancer. Woodsmoke kills. Cigarette smoke kills 1200 people a day in America. About 1 out of 2 people now have cancer in the United States. Without your health, you have nothing

Great arguments, anti cancer...

Postby Ernest Grolimund » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:53 am

That's what I am looking for. Good arguments. Short and to the point! Hits home. ! out of 2 with cancer. Time magazine coming on board.

Congress coming on board too. Carbon black soot bill! Shows government support. Put in global warming bill. Cert stoves 80 times more polluting for pm, hence 80 times worse than oil for global warming and oil is a problem too. Is wood the answer? Obviously not. Cert stoves 80 Times !!!! Pellet stoves 40 times !!!! Best pellet boilers with forced air are 4 times worse. Not even close. 4 times worse for global warming. Not carbon black nuetral. Not good for global warming. This is the biggest threat of the century. OLd fireplaces 1000 times worse. We have to draw the line somewhere. The line has to be drawn at oil for now and we have to work to get away from that with insulation. Insulate enough and a house becomes passive solar relying on free energy pouring through windows and an annuity of free energy savings after insulation is paid for in four years. Free money! Ends global warming.

The congessional support in writing is the big ticket thing I have been waiting for. It blows away the EPA support for wood burning. The Gov is starting to come on board against the EPA. It is not oficial yet but if we raise a ruckus on this, it probably will be.
Ernest Grolimund

Postby Anti-Cancer from New York » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:23 pm

We have to join forces and start a "grassroots " campaign and try to complain as loudly and effectively as possible. These politicians seem only to care about themselves, and their money, and they "follow the crowd." So enough of us have to speak up and somehow stick together and organize ourselves or keep complaining loudly and incessantly.
Yes, did you read "When Smoke Gets in your lungs"--the report is on here. It is all so political. When someone is in the business of outdoor wood boilers in a town, it is not easy...But we cannot give up. They took 100 years or so to ban cigarette smoke.
1200 people a day die from cigarette smoke. 438,000 a year die from cigarette smoke. according to Fox News, and on the internet.
Breathing in woodsmoke or secondhand smoke is equivalent to 4 cigarettes an hour, according to Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen, who wrote the "You" series of recent medical books, selling everywhere.
I have an outdoor wood boiler from 1500 ft away that turns my home into a Gas Chamber. And Easter weekend, their neighbor had a small campfire going, and that little campfire smoked out my house and lawn from 1500 ft. away. Smoke travels far--at least a mile or more. Hundreds of miles.

Postby Anti-Cancer from New York » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:28 pm

we need to ban outdoor wood boilers outright and totally. No exceptions. They are a Giant Cigarette, and turn people's houses into Gas Chambers. Woodsmoke is killing innocent people. The Ten Commandments states: Thou shalt not kill. :lol: :lol: :shock: :D :roll: :oops: :lol:

Postby Anti-Cancer from New York » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:30 pm

by the way everybody, those amish heaters work GGRREAT and so do ceramic heaters from WalMart with a temperature Dial. I heat with oil, but saved about $900 by using my electric heaters. I got a nine hundred dollar credit. Those Infrared Amish heaters work great. They cost about $300, and were on the Paul Harvey show, I think. My neighbors and friends have them and they are alot better than Outdoor Wood Boilers, and cleaner.]
did you know Coal is cleaner than wood? :roll: :lol: :? :D :) :roll: :wink: :!: :!:

Postby Anti-Cancer from New York » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:31 pm

I mean, I supplemented my Oil heat, with Electric heat--ceramic heaters from Wal Mart, with a temperature dial. :oops: :lol: :D :wink: :!: :idea:

Great alternatives

Postby Ernest Grolimund » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I've suggested the same type of thing though I do not own one. Personally, I open shades during the day and let solar energy stream through my windows and trap it with moveable shades. I was going to do bubble plastic but got so involved in this clean air movement I never got around to it. But got my house air clean with a lawyers help and doctors letter. Also taped a few windows till I got an IQ Air air cleaner. That is working great for me.

We do have to come together and I'm doing what I can. I started with work on old equipment. But now I see an opening with the black carbon legislation, to go after cert stoves too. 80 times worse for global warming than oil is my argument. Design levels are at 30 mcg/m3 pm2.5, so we cannot even handle oil burning when 30 mcg can cause heart attacks. But that science is not accepted yet by the government. When the pm stds change to 25 which is likely things will get better, but people can't hold their breath waiting for that. Video, witness, doctors letter, lawyers letter to warn and then suits appear to be the only things working. Government is controlled by cost cutters who do not understand the problem and want to cut costs by cutting enforcement of laws to help you. Like to hear the "Do not kill" words. I use them to. They are in the constitution as well. We have to hype things as much as we can and in the case of woodburning, it is true, though 90% do not know it.

Got nowhere with the toxics cry. DEP yawned and said they did not have to enforce the laws for toxics that big plants have to meet. We need lawyers to create some kind of mass nuisance case that can make a lawyer a ton of money and I plan to talk to a big env group with a lawyer soon about a case like N. Carolina v TVA. Coal plant had to spend $1 billion to stop nuisance conditions even though all standards were met. Lawyers and federal legislators, seem to be key. We all need to thank Rep Inslee. He could be the champion. Waxman too. Pm mary suggested contacting him, a year ago, and she was right on!
Ernest Grolimund

THANKS

Postby Anti-Cancer from New York » Sun May 10, 2009 8:49 pm

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSES. WE HAVE TO KEEP WORKING TOGETHER.
IF YOU EVER COME UP WITH SOMETHING, LET ME KNOW.

Return to Take Action in Your Community: Local Groups