the problem, in a NuTsHell...

Air out your smoke complaint here. We can give advice from members who have found themselves in a similar situation as yours, gasping for a breath of fresh air.

Moderator: pm2.5mary

the problem, in a NuTsHell...

Postby bodhi » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:35 am

the following paragraph is from an article in
the Contra Costa Times.
herein, i believe, lies the point of contention between woodburners and non-woodburners.

Livermore resident Bruce Griffing regards a proposal to ban wood fires on bad air nights in the Bay Area as a government intrusion into his hearth and home
"I don't want some fireplace Nazis telling me I can't burn," he said.

Tom Foley, who has asthma, yearns for a ban to spare him from a neighbor's fireplace smoke that leaves him coughing and choking.
"When I come home from work at night, it's like walking into a cloud of smoke," the Redwood City resident said. "What about my right to breathe clean air?"

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_7622 ... ck_check=1
bodhi

Postby FriendofAir » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:28 pm

Just think, Bruce the burner all worried, upset and in disbelief about a burning ban on "bad air" nights. I wonder how he would feel with a burning ban on all nights.
FriendofAir

Postby Wilberforce » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:40 pm

The irony is that, it is the freedom-loving people like Bruce the Burner, who inadvertently
bring about authoritarian rule.

Freedom without responsibility, for some, amounts to dictatorship, for the oppressed.

In other words, if Bruce continues to create hardship for his neighbors, he will eventually
lose his burning privileges entirely.
Wilberforce

Return to Smoke Complaints and Advice from our members.