after thousands of people died in the killer smogs.....

Air out your smoke complaint here. We can give advice from members who have found themselves in a similar situation as yours, gasping for a breath of fresh air.

Moderator: pm2.5mary

Postby NY Woodburner » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:31 am

bodhi wrote:
NY Woodburner wrote:
bodhi wrote:i understand that work on the electric car has started up again.
~bodhi

Take a look at Tesla Motors. Pretty awesome stuff coming out and will really change the image of electric cars. But the big question will be where does that power come from.

NYWB,
thanks for the ref on Tesla motors. that car on the front page is amazing.
too bad about the price. 95 grand.
unless the major auto manufacturers get all over the electric car it looks like there will be a serious price disincentive.
yeah, i agree, the coal has to go.
~bodhi

Well, we don't all need to have the third fastest production vehicle on the planet - given the performance specs, it is a bargain compared to competitive Ferraris/Porsches :-) And I think it's an awesome way to convince the public that electric cars are not toys for nerds. (even if they are funded by Google founders... whom by the way have VERY deep pockets)

Tesla has already announced plans for a factor in New Mexico that will be building sedans in the $50-$65K price range:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Ne ... eId=119686

This is already more momentum than I've ever seen for electric vehicles - the big enabler has been Li-ion battery technology, which never made it to the EV1.
EPA certified catalytic wood heaters - A carbon neutral renewable green energy solution!
NY Woodburner

Postby bodhi » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:37 am

NY Woodburner wrote:This is already more momentum than I've ever seen for electric vehicles - the big enabler has been Li-ion battery technology, which never made it to the EV1.

great news indeed!
~bodhi
bodhi

Postby begreen9 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:36 pm

There is a lot of progress happening here. Tesla is coming out with a lower priced car and you might be interested in Phoenix Motorcars products.

http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/
begreen9

Previous

Return to Smoke Complaints and Advice from our members.