How to get to Governor

Be a part of the solution to air pollution.

Moderator: pm2.5mary

How to get to Governor

Postby Ernest Grolimund » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:12 am

My Govenor just happens to be coming to my area tonight. Thank you God. The topic is weatherization, something I talked to his advisor about, suggesting 7 layers of bubble plastic to help the poor insulate their windows and let light through at the same time. You can ask questions and I plan to camp out near the podium to make sure I can ask a question. Is this God bringing the Governor to me or what? Is he coming to my area to return a favor to me for giving him good ideas on curbing pollution and saving energy and money, the thing that really gets his attention? I don't know. But this is one good way to get to the Governor. I have listened to the Am Lung say that they can't get to the Governor. But I am going to tonight by sheer will power or should I say by divine will or conciousness. Isn't that how it works? Or should I call it the power of prayer?
Ernest Grolimund

Got to Governor

Postby Ernest Grolimund » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:38 pm

Got to Governor. Showed up 30 minutes early. Sat in front row of auditorium. A planning aide I had met said hello and then said I would not be allowed to ask a question on smoke because this was a weatherization presentation. Then the Governor came in and sat a few seats away and said hello and shook my hand and started up a conversation to kill time. Told him that ambient pm is 30 mcg once/ week from cars and oil furnaces and 1 old stove can cause 30 mcg and the total gets to 60 mcg and 30 can cause heart attacks and asthma attacks. Et cetera. Talked for a few minutes and then he was approached by someone else. But he said he would talk to the Am. Lung Director about it because I said he knew me and agreed with me that this is a very big problem. Success at contacting him with God's help it seems. Will send a follow up letter with an r-14 window insulation idea made out of bubble plastic. A small pop out window panel that provides the insulation of a stud wall but lets light through, to save 30 - 50% on energy costs. That should get his attention. Now I have to pray that he does something. Powerful forces are shielding me from him. A call to the Am. Lung is most important. I would not do this except it could save 500 people per year indefinetly and stop asthma attacks and heart attacks and it is more important than anything I can think of.
Ernest Grolimund

Return to Take Action in Your Community: Local Groups