Freedom of Air in Illinois

Be a part of the solution to air pollution.

Moderator: pm2.5mary

Freedom of Air in Illinois

Postby MPA » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:45 pm

I have created a myspace page for residents of Illinois and anyone from around the world to go to a fight for clean air. Please visit the page at

www.myspace.com/freedomofair

or feel free to contact me at

freedomofair@yahoo.com
MPA

Postby FriendofAir » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:13 am

WOW!!!

Well done, a must visit, must read site!

I was particularly dismayed that after you contacted all the agencies created to protect our health and environment, not a single one came to your aid.

Would it be possible to include the phone number of the individuals that you talked to? I would like to hear it with my own ears. Who knows, maybe some of your readers could be more persuasive?
FriendofAir

Postby MPA » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:04 am

[quote="FriendofAir"]WOW!!!

Well done, a must visit, must read site!

I was particularly dismayed that after you contacted all the agencies created to protect our health and environment, not a single one came to your aid.

Would it be possible to include the phone number of the individuals that you talked to? I would like to hear it with my own ears. Who knows, maybe some of your readers could be more persuasive?[/quote]

At this time I cannot put phone numbers on there as it might come back to haunt me in trial. However, I have provided the website for each element of government and the phone numbers are accessible mostly on each website.
MPA

Postby HowFun » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:18 am

Why don't they just require the same chimney height requirements as a regular wood stove. This seems to be the main source of problems with the OWBs. A taller stack that extends above the roof line would fix many of the complaints.
HowFun

Postby MPA » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:33 pm

[quote="HowFun"]Why don't they just require the same chimney height requirements as a regular wood stove. This seems to be the main source of problems with the OWBs. A taller stack that extends above the roof line would fix many of the complaints.[/quote]

A common misconception that is made, please take a look at my site as I refer to that very issue.
MPA

Postby Wilberforce » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:47 pm

MPA

You have created a very important addition to the cause: pictures and video. That's more than
I could have written about. Thank you so much for taking the time, and making the effort to share
with us, in your ongoing ordeal. The evidence is compelling. I wish 60 minutes or the History
Channel would do a documentary on these satanic dragons. (not a bad show title)

OWBs are undoubtedly engineering disasters. I would love to have a long talk with the genius
who designed these junkpiles. I guess you can't stop a natural volcano, but you should be able to
stop a man-made one. May you have ultimate success in your pursuit of justice.
Wilberforce

Postby HowFun » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:57 pm

A chimney cap is not intended to 'filter' the air. It is meant to keep water from running down into the chimney, and sometimes to prevent critters from going in.

Now let me proceed to rip apart the vast majority of the rest of your rambling statements.

6) Removal and disposal of ashes and creosote.
You do realize that the ashes are non-toxic and typically people use them to enhance the soil in their garden don't you? I've never heard of somebody having their ashes "professionally removed". Typically you just clean the ashes out every week or two and dump them wherever you wish, or put them on your driveway to increase traction in the snow.

7) Buying an OWB really won't save money, it only shifts the funds.
Most people who use OWBs have a free wood supply. Owners realize the amount of firewood it consumes. Nobody is spending $3000 a year on wood. I can assure you of this. Where I live $3000 would buy 18.75 full cord. That could heat a football stadium for a winter.

8) The efficiency of an OWB is about 30%.
False. It can vary greatly depending on the type of wood that is supplied. I doubt the efficiency ever drops that low. Again people know going into it that these go through a lot of wood, they buy them for the convenience and lovely even heat that they provide.

10) OWBs use electricity.
So does your furnace. Buy a generator if you're concerned about this.

11) OWBs should be used as a supplement to heating, not the primary source.
This is just plain silly. They are designed to be a primary heating source. One unit can easily heat several dwellings at once.
HowFun

Postby Wilberforce » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:29 pm

HowFun

The big problem is that the operator of this particular OWB is using it in an obviously populated area.
These devices are intended to be used in outlying rural areas, (farms and wilderness areas) not right
smack in the middle of a town, where they can wreck havoc on the health of the victimized populace.
Wilberforce

Postby MPA » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:23 pm

As I said HAVEFUN those aren't ramblings they are all fact and can be found with the links on my page.

AND YES HEATMOR's owners manual (The boiler in my case) says they should be used as a supplement. If you don't believe me call Heatmor and ask. This was read on the stand in our hearing by the defendant. (My attorney had him read exerts from the owner's manual

And the point about electricity was this: PEOPLE CLAIM these are no different than using a chimney, obviously you don't need electricity to burn a log in your fireplace. I never said I don't use electricity to heat my home most non-barbaric people use electricity.

Most people who use OWBs have a free wood supply. There is no such thing as "free" wood supply, every time you cut down a tree you plant another? If everyone has "free" wood, how will we have any trees left for our future generations?

As for efficiency 30% that was being generous, a lot of boilers don't even work up to that efficiency level. And I am not saying there aren't models that are superior because I know there are. I am saying the average is 30%

As for the creosote and ashes show me proof of your findings and I will be more than glad to remove that from my site. Convince me of why my neighbor's grass is all dead from where he empties his ashes.

As for the price of wood I stated as $3000 for a six month burning season. I am not an expert on wood, nor will claim to be but once again do a search on the internet and find wood prices that is the formula I used. The point I was making is if you are buying wood the same money could spent heating your home therefore the money is being shifted.

I have stated many times there is a time and place for these and right in the middle of town is not the place.
MPA

Postby MPA » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:39 pm

I wanted to post that I have a new website now also in addition to my MySpace page.

www.freewebs.com/freedomofair
MPA

Postby MPA » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:19 am

Wanted to note that I now have added contact information for my local government to my page. For anyone supporting our cause feel free to contact my village government to speak on our behalf.

Thanks.
MPA

Postby MPA » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:54 am

Wanted to make the announcement that I have now posted on youtube as well you can reach my videos by simply searching "Outdoor Wood Boiler" or click below for my direct link

http://www.youtube.com/user/freedomofair
MPA

Postby turning_blue » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:04 am

This is an outrage! I cannot believe our country allows this to happen.
turning_blue

Postby MPA » Tue May 06, 2008 1:59 pm

PLEASE VISIT MY FAQS PAGES AND MY STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF MY CASES OWB:

Statistical Analysis: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... gYear=2008

FAQs Page:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... gYear=2008

Personal FAQs Page:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... gYear=2008
MPA

Return to Take Action in Your Community: Local Groups