Fire pit blaze causes $30K damage to De Pere home

The dangers of backyard fire pits - news and op/ed

Fire pit blaze causes $30K damage to De Pere home

Postby Wilberforce » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:34 pm


Fire pit blaze causes $30K damage to De Pere home
Jun. 3, 2013 7:23 AM |

DE PERE — A fire started from ashes disposed in a fire pit caused an estimated $30,000 to a home on De Pere’s west side on Sunday morning.

The De Pere Fire Department was called to the home at 1282 Carmen Court shortly before 8 a.m. and got the fire under control in about 10 minutes. The fire started outside the rear of the home and spread to siding and the attic. Plastic storage sturctures were also involved.

The damage was largely contained to the roof and to items in the attic, according to the fire department. There was some smoke and water damage in other areas of the home.

No one was injured.

The property is owned by Steven and Karla Schmidt and is valued at $178,700, according to online Brown Couny land records.

source ... -Pere-home
• The Surgeon General has determined that there is no safe level of exposure to ambient smoke!

• If you smell even a subtle odor of smoke, you are being exposed to poisonous and carcinogenic chemical compounds!

• Even a brief exposure to smoke raises blood pressure, (no matter what your state of health) and can cause blood clotting, stroke, or heart attack in vulnerable people. Even children experience elevated blood pressure when exposed to smoke!

• Since smoke drastically weakens the lungs' immune system, avoiding smoke is one of the best ways to prevent colds, flu, bronchitis, or risk of an even more serious respiratory illness, such as pneumonia or tuberculosis! Does your child have the flu? Chances are they have been exposed to ambient smoke!
User avatar
Posts: 6093
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:36 pm
Location: USA

Return to Fire Pits

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests